The Bad: We decided it would be nice to descend a slope down to the water and walk along the coastline toward Pirates Cove where we could meet back up with the trail.
The Terrible: After descending the slope about halfway, we realized that it was very naive to think we could get all the way to the bottom, so the only choice we had was to go back up from where we came. As I was trying to climb a steep rock face, I lost my footing and handholds and slid down the slope for 15-20 feet. Honestly, it was pretty miraculous that I didn't fall farther down the slope. And despite that fact that I was really banged up, I am lucky that I didn't injure myself even worse. Thanks to God for keeping me safe!
As you can see, it's possible that my less than peak physical condition lead to the fall. But, my stomach is basically one big series of scrapes and cuts. I have similar injuries on my side, left thigh and both forearms and elbows. Cleaning these wounds with hot water and hydrogen peroxide was extremely painful. And I had to completely cover myself in Neosporin. I eventually made it up the slope via a different route and showed off my injuries to the other guys. This was a rough way to end a really nice weekend, but ironically, it was really nice to get out and get dirty when I spend most of my days in my little cubicle.


6 comments:
Hey Nerm, sorry to hear about your fall, but glad to see you with your shirt off...
you earn 10 bad ass points. check out my blog, it is quasi-religious
Glad you're ok! You trying to compete with Ben for injuries or something?
oh that looks bad. I always wondered what an injury would look like if I went off the side of a trail. Glad you're safe overall!
TIE is trying to meet up again in December - the 13th. We can't make it Ryan's finals and another prior commitment that night) but I'd be happy to send details if your interested!
I just checked your blog after not reading for a while and thought you had fallen again! Both glad to see you did not fall again and not glad to see that you have not updated since November. Get in gear!
I am going to keep commenting in protest until you reawaken your blog
Post a Comment