Avid readers may remember this post where I showcased a very cool example of displaying complex information in a understandable way - a topic that I find fascinating. Today, a colleague forwarded the video below to me. It is another superb example of taking something that is very complex (the credit crisis) and using visual media to make it dynamic, interesting, and clear to anyone who might watch. It is particularly impressive that he was able to hold my attention for a full 11 minutes - which is a very long time given today's short attention spans. Rarely do I spend more than a few seconds on something like this. We have all become very good as scanning the internet and synthesizing information, so it is really cool when something is of a high enough quality that you want to watch it all the way through. And he used Adobe Flash, After Effects, and Illustrator to create this, so yeah Adobe!
Credit to Jonathan Jarvis, a student at the Art Center College of Design, for this excellent piece.
The Crisis of Credit Visualized from Jonathan Jarvis on Vimeo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment