I'm not one to rant about politics (see my friend Tom for good political rants), but over the past two weeks, I have now received two emails from Gavin Newsom, the presiding mayor of SF. The first, and much more clever, was an email masquerading as a "SF economic stimulus" information letter. But, if you read the fine print (as I did when I was so stunned to have received such an email), the email was paid for by Newsom's California Exploratory Committee. It's no secret that Newsom is running for California Governor, but seriously, does it seem a little fishy to anyone else that he is tricking people into supporting his run for governor by getting in the door with what seems like routine SF business?
The second email arrived just moments ago, this one much more blunt.
I am mystified as to how they got my email address and what gives them any indication that I am remotely interested in supporting Newsom. I am one of the roughly 7 registered Republicans in SF and Newsom is basically the last person I want as governor of a state that already spends with reckless abandon and will continue to raise taxes and issue bonds to finance it all.
End of political rant. Oh, and don't vote for Newsom, he's fishy.
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment