I once wrote a paper about the social psychology of first dates and how our psychological awareness (or lack thereof) of our environment and situation often leads to severely misconstrued ideas about another person. (I'll try to dig up the paper and provide more details - I do believe that I got an A).
But, if I could I would now add something to that paper. According to scientists, writing in the journal Science, holding something warm influences your feelings toward someone you're with. In other words, you're much better off inviting that special someone to enjoy a latte at a coffeehouse than a cup of ice water at a hockey game. For more, see John Tierney's blog post about this topic.
So, to all those guys out there who may think a bar is the best place to take that special someone, do you really want to go up against science?
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Have you tested this theory? Any success? It actually makes sense to me. Huh!
Post a Comment