Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Archaeology is cool again!


Well, I'm probably the only person in America blogging about this, and I felt someone needed to turn some attention towards a movie that many people on the East Coast have just sat down to watch as I write this. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull opens nationwide at 12:01 AM Thursday morning. 

I briefly considered going to the premiere tonight (and tickets were still available on Tuesday morning), but then I remembered that I am 27 years old and have a real job and wanting to vicariously be a dashing, adventurous archaeologist is not a valid excuse for being a waste of space all day tomorrow.  

Early reviews (NY Times, Rotten Tomatoes, Roger Ebert) are moderately positive and it is clear that this movie is going to make a boatload of money, especially over this Memorial Day weekend. I won't be seeing the movie until late next week, so I'll do my best to patiently wait until then.

P.S. I'm watching the American Idol finale right now and they just brought some terrible singer back from the auditions and he's singing and all of a sudden the USC song girls and the band march onto the stage. I'd rather they shamelessly promote Fox movies and TV shows than show this total unentertaining randomness. Just give us the results already!

No comments: