Monday, June 9, 2008

The iPhone 3G is here!

In his customary jeans and black turtleneck fashion, Steve Jobs announced the new 3G iPhone today. The Worldwide Developers Conferences actually happened mere blocks from my office, but I kept track in a very low tech way by reading constant updates on macrumors.com. I decided not to buy the first iPhone, because I figured it would be buggy, the features just weren't there yet, and I have had Verizon for a long time (not to mention the $500 price). But with today's announcement, Apple has added faster internet speeds, better integration with email and calendar, an open software platform that allows for some great applications, and prices of $199 and $299. So, since my Treo is slowly dying (the keyguard doesn't work and I keep almost sending blank emails from my pocket). Plus, my iPod is so old that I am literally embarrassed on the bus sometimes (especially in techie San Francisco). So, come July when the phone comes out, I think it is time to take the plunge!

1 comment:

Tyler James said...

That $199 price tag sure does make it appealing.