Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The New York Times - Sunday, June 1

Well, I'm two days late for this post, but the articles are still available online and still interesting, so here is my recap of Sunday's NY Times.

Sunday, June 1
Put a Little Science in Your Life, by Brian Greene - If you want to engage students with science, present the big picture first, details second. This is a great article about science education and I strongly suggest you read it. I have been thinking along these same lines for a long time.

A Player Destined for the Majors Chose First to Play for Himself, by Katie Thomas - It's always nice to see an athlete put some value on a college education and not take it for granted, especially one as talented as Pedro Alvarez.

Who Has the Horse Tranquilizers?, by Juliet Macur - As the Beijing Olympics approach, it is clear that the steriods issue will lead to big news and big scandals. I just hope it doesn't overshadow what is usually an amazing 2 weeks of sports.

No comments: