Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Days 1 and 2


Yesterday was my first day of work at my new job at Adobe. It was overwhelming to say the least, but very exciting at the same time. Today was much better and I expect tomorrow to be even better. I'm looking forward to the day when I am fully familiar with all the stuff that is going on in my business group and the intricate ways that Adobe works. 

I want to attempt to help you all understand what it is exactly that I do as the new Curriculum Manager within the Education Solutions/Marketing group. Basically, Adobe has all these amazing software titles - there are products that many of you are probably familiar with (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and Flash) and newer products that maybe you've never heard of (like Flex and Acrobat Connect). All of these have uses in the education sector - whether it is traditional creative professional education programs or educators wanting to expand their use of eLearning solutions or computer science students who are learning the latest in rich internet application development. My job is to produce the curriculum that shows educators how they can use our software in traditional classroom curriculum or how to technically use our software titles. I'm also going to be working on marketing the curriculum to help educators become more aware of what we have to offer as well as helping to get some professional development programs started. 

I hope this helps you understand a little better what I'll be doing and if not, sorry - it's only my second day and remember it's still a lot easier to understand than all that sciency stuff I did in DC.

3 comments:

sara shiu said...

i see that you went with the very creative "mattneimitz.blogspot.com" website title - just what i expected from you, harvard. i think you should move back into tuckahoe. hugs.

katie lynn said...

Stumbled upon your blog. Congrats on the move and new job. As a daily Adobe (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) user, I can say well done to your employer. I'm excited to see what you do next!

-Katie Geshay Hall (friend of Ben's)

Carpenter Family said...

This helps, but have you met the guy yet that is the Adobe mascot climbing in the spider web? That is the job you should aspire to.